On Wednesday, June 20th the historic and beautiful Town of Scottsville will once again host the James River Batteau Festival, and James River Reeling & Rafting is once again graciously allowing the JRBF to use their private riverfront property during the stop in Scottsville. (The property up-river from the gate at the public boat ramp parking lot)
In an effort to keep this festival space as safe and accessible as possible, the following will be enforced: (PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST!)
• The campground/festival grounds will be restricted to foot traffic only and vehicles limited exclusively to JRBF vendors, JRR&R staff/customers throughout the entire day.
• ONLY JRR&R CUSTOMERS WILL BE PERMITTED TO DOCK AT THE JRR&R RAMP. (The small ramp river left beside the Scottsville Festival activities.) Followers of the JRBF, canoers, kayakers, tubers and all other non-wooden boat traffic, including those that pay their fee to VCNS WILL NOT be permitted to dock at the JRR&R ramp. Please allow space for JRR&R paying customers to exit the water. Neither will vehicle traffic be permitted through the entry gate to retrieve any canoes, kayaks or other watercraft not associated with JRR&R. This has become a safety hazard with growing public crowds that we all wish to avoid.
• PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE SITE SECURITY STAFF!
• ALL NON-BATTEAU TRAFFIC WILL BE DIVERTED DOWNSTREAM TO THE PUBLIC LAUNCH WHERE THEY CAN EXIT THE RIVER.
• Camping will be available for VCNS followers at the old Scottsville school BUT THE SHOWERS AT THE SCHOOL WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER 6 PM. Others who want to stay by the river could consider Horseshoe Flats.
The Scottsville stop is the mid-point of the JRBF and we want to thank JRR&R for the use of this beautiful site by the James!