The 2015 spring meeting of the JRBF was held in Scottsville at the Tavern on the James in the upstairs dining room. The room was packed with many old-timey batteau people and a whole lot of new faces as well. Chairman Ralph Smith led the meeting while recognizing former Chairman Norm Hansen of the batteau “Thomas Jefferson” (#4) and the next Chairman Andrew Shaw. There are 5 new boats being built. Two new crews and 3 old crews with new boats. The total number of boats was announced to be 22 for this year, which can always change as we get closer to the time to launch! Everyone was really excited about this being the 30th Annual JRBF! There will be a new version of the JRBF Trail Atlas available from the VC&NS online store later in May. Dr. Trout is working on some last minute changes before the new edition is printed. See the VC&NS online store for more information and to please join the VC&NS as a member. You may also pay camping fees online for those not on a boat crew.
JRBF - Upcoming EventsJun23Sat4:00 pm JRBF – Saturday June 23, 2018 @ Maiden's LandingJRBF – Saturday June 23, 2018 @ Maiden's LandingJun 23 @ 4:00 pm – 10:00 pmThe James River Batteau Festival will end on Saturday June 23, 2018 at Maiden’s Landing. View Maiden’s Landing Site – James River Batteau Festival in a larger map Share with your Canal and Batteau Friends!
JRBF Recent Posts
- JRBF – Scottsville – Thursday AM – June 21, 2018 June 21, 2018
- JRBF – Scottsville – Wed. June 20, 2018 June 21, 2018
- JRBF – Sunday June 17th to Monday June 18th, 2018, Camp Monican II campsite to Bent Creek. June 18, 2018
- 33rd Annual James River Batteau Festival has started from Percival’s Island – June 16, 2018 June 16, 2018
- James River Batteau Festival – Maps to sites: June 15, 2018
- Scottsville Site Information – Please note info about ramps and camping! June 13, 2018
- Second Annual Amherst County Batteau Day – June 9, 2018. June 10, 2018
- 2018 JRBF Poster and Brochure for download. May 8, 2018
- JRBF Spring Meeting 2018 – Scottsville Virginia May 7, 2018
- Boat Flipping at Byrne Nelson’s House – May 6th, 2018 May 7, 2018